As a requirement of their academic curriculum, students do their field work for a duration of 20 work days once they complete their 6th semester. This practicum is included as a non-credit course in the curriculum and can be completed in institutions approved by the Department.
The field work aims to enable the student to transfer his/her theoretical knowledge to practice and gain experience. Thus, they experience, albeit for a short period of time, the business life that awaits them after graduation. Once they complete the field work, students are required to prepare a report summarizing their observations, experience and evaluations. These reports, along with the evaluaton of students by the institutions where they completed their field works, are used to determine their grades of the practicum.
About the Practica
Records about Practica
Institutions to be Placed
Documents on Practica
Form of Practica Report
- Times New Roman writing type, size 12 and 1,5 line spacing should be used. The report should be as long as between 1700 and 3500 words or between 5 and 10 pages (with appendix).
- Cover Page (should consist of Name and Surname, Institution and Practica dates)
- Contents Page.
Report Content should consist of;
- Brief information about institution and department where the practica is completed.
- Evaluations and descriptions about missions, services and works that have been done
- Evaluation and results
- Bibliography (if any)
- Başkent University Library
- Bilkent University Library
- DOCUART Computer and Communication, Inc.
- Hacettepe University Hospital Archive
- Hacettepe University Library
- İstanbul Chamber of Trade
- The Archive of the General Directorate of the Red Crescent
- ODTÜ Kütüphane ve Dokümantasyon Daire Bşk.
- The Tevfik Fikret Private Lycee
- Sabancı University Information Center
- The Archive of the Capital Markets Board
- The General Directorate of the Prime Ministry State Archives
- The Prime Ministry State Planning Organization
- The Prime Ministry Undersecretary of the Foreign Trade, Center for the Promotion and Study of Exports
- The National Library
- The Turkish Grand National Assembly
- TOBB University of Economics and Technology Library
- The Film Archive of the Turkish Radio and Television
- TUSAŞ Aeronautics and Space Industry, Inc.
- The Turkish Scientific and Technological Research Center National Academic Network and Information Center
- Center for the Study of Vehbi Koç and Ankara